Birthday Month

Eli and I both have birthdays in March. I turned 30 in 2017 (Yikes!) and Eli turned 4. For my 30th, Josh took me to an incredible restaurant on the pier in Seattle. I don't remember what Josh ordered, but the scallops with butternut squash risotto that I had was divine. 

Birthday dessert. 


Eli got a fishing pole and backpack for his birthday. He was pretty excited.

Telling fish stories about all the fish he would catch with his new pole.

Other than two birthdays, Eli and I also went on our first hike of the year. We went to the top of Mt. Peak (or Pinnacle Peak, or Mt. Pete. It has a lot of names for being relatively ordinary). There used to be a lookout on the top, but all that is left is the stone foundation and a view of nothing thanks to all the trees. It wasn't an extraordinary hike, but it was nice to be out. 

The good thing about reaching the top is that is when you get snacks. Trail mix is pretty exciting. 

Nearly every night after reading books and saying family prayers, I leave and Josh and Eli have a chat and a snuggle. Some nights the snuggle results in both of them being sound asleep. It make my heart happy to see these two  snuggled together (or at least as close to snuggled as they can be when Eli is in his bed and Josh is on the floor). 

Comments

  1. So glad both your birthdays were enjoyable :) Good to see Eli has high expectations for his fishing skills, I know he'll have lots of practice.
    ...always good to see a "snuggling" father and son, even in awkward positions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Birthday!

Six months, Baby!

To Give Sorrow Words