Lake Easton State Park and Scout Lake

This weekend Josh, Eli, and I went on our first family camping trip. Some friends were supposed to accompany us but they all woke up sick the morning we were to leave. It would have been fun to have them there but we still had a nice time. We camped at a state park on Lake Easton. The water was really cold, or so I hear, but Eli didn't seem to mind the frigid water. After hitting the lake we roasted hot dogs and s'mores. A burn ban had been in effect, prohibiting campfires, but two days before we left a huge rainstorm came through and they lifted the ban. Yay! S'mores just aren't quite the same over a propane stove. The sleeping part of the trip could have been improved upon. Eli ended up in my sleeping bag for most of the night so I didn't really sleep until about 4am, when he went back into his own bed. Oh well. Who needs sleep?

After a pancake breakfast we packed up and drove to the trail head for Scout Lake. The hike was about 3 miles round trip to a nice little lake. Not particularly pretty but nice. We ate lunch then Eli played in the water while Josh fished. I think Eli and I saw a newt or a salamander but I'm not certain. Whatever it was, it was ugly. On the way out down the mountain I also saw a snake. I hate snakes. The little fella was sitting right on the trail and even though I'm certain he was no longer than 8 inches I could not move forward until Josh moved him off the trail. I hate snakes.

At the beach at Lake Easton

Sand and sun and water. What's not to love? 

Hot dog! 

He ate almost two entire hot dogs. That's a hungry little dude!

S'more face

Eli loved standing on this stump and "jumping" off. 

Scout Lake

My boys

The three of us

On the way out. Before the snake.

It was a really fun weekend and it feels great to have our first camping trip with Eli under our belts. Bring on the campouts! 

Comments

  1. What a fun adventure! Eli sure looks like he's enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I saw Eli just yesterday but he looks so grown up in those pictures! Crazy how time flies! It looks like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I mentioned how excited I am to see you guys in like a day and a half??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Birthday!

Six months, Baby!

To Give Sorrow Words