Road Trip!

Wednesday May 22

10 am: I text Josh asking if he would be up to driving to Emmett to visit my parents over Memorial Day weekend. He says "yes."

10:30 am: I call my parents to see if they would be up for visitors. They say "yes."

11 am-5 pm: Do laundry, shop for essential road trip snacks, pick up our wedding rings from jeweler (they were being cleaned), and pack for 2 adults and 1 baby for a 6 day trip. 

5 pm: Take Dan, Ashley and their girls to the airport so they can catch their flight to California. 

6:20 pm: Finally roll out of Seattle and begin the 480 mile drive

7:30 pm: Get stopped on the freeway for "blasting" in a construction zone. 

8:20 pm: Finally start driving again

8:20 pm - 4 am: Driving (one stop for dinner, one stop for gas/driver switch)

4 am: Roll into my parent's house.

Before my initial text to Josh we had not discussed going to Emmett for Memorial Day. We were planning a camping trip and had been planning it for quite some time. In the end we decided that the weather was just not looking good enough to go out with a wee little babe. We really didn't want to waste the days Josh had off work so why not go on a last minute road trip? 

I'm really glad we made the drive. We went shooting, rode 4 wheelers, visited family, went to yard sales (not Josh), played games, and The Pants and I even managed to go on a date. 

The Emmett valley as seen from our 4 wheeler excursion

This picture makes me realize how much I miss open spaces. The Seattle area is beautiful but there are so many trees that you never get views like this. Oh Idaho, how I miss you! 

Thanks mom and dad for letting us crash you weekend! 

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had fun! Wish we were in town to see you. That picture makes me miss Emmett. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for all of you! Sounds like a great trip. Too bad Nana and Papa don't live on the way...maybe some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree on the wide open spaces. :) I'm so glad you got to go. Too bad the weather wasn't like this weekend's weather, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Birthday!

Six months, Baby!

To Give Sorrow Words