Memorial Day at Lodge Lake

On Memorial Day we hiked into Lodge Lake. The hike to the lake was fairly straightforward but once we got there things got a little hairy. Like most lakes in this area, the forest crowds right to the edge of the lake and there is no real shoreline to speak of. There was one small section of shore but people were camping there so we tried to continue around the lake on a small trail. Soon there was no trail at all. We continued on for a bit hoping the trail would start up again but it did not and soon we were fighting through brush trying to find our way back to the trail. Somehow during this time I became so disoriented that I thought the lake was in the complete opposite direction of what it actually was. Josh, however, knew where to go and navigated us safely back to the lake. I don't recall a time when I felt so disoriented. It was an intensely uncomfortable and scary feeling. I will not be setting foot off the trail any time soon.

After Josh brought us back to the lake we did find a very small patch of shore where we could do a little fishing.

Trying to catch some fish

Still trying to get the fish to bite

We hooked one!

I asked Eli if he wanted to touch it. He did not. 

Lodge Lake

All the smiles are squishy face smiles these days. 

 Hanging out watching Josh do a little more fishing


Family picture at the lake

We got a little lost (and by "we" I mean me, Josh knew which way to go) and we only caught one fish (and by "we" I mean me, maybe next time Josh!) but all in all it was a nice day. 

Comments

  1. What an adventure! Good life lesson, stay on the path even if you think you can safely reconnect with it shortly ahead- I love the squishy smiles, actually I love all the sweet faces of Eli! Glad you had a great adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure! Good life lesson, stay on the path even if you think you can safely reconnect with it shortly ahead- I love the squishy smiles, actually I love all the sweet faces of Eli! Glad you had a great adventure :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Birthday!

Six months, Baby!

To Give Sorrow Words