It's a cake.

I do not make cakes frequently. When I do make them they taste good but look a little sad. After years of delicious but ugly cakes I finally made a pretty cake.


The cake was for a dessert auction raising money for our Young Women to go to girls' camp so I really wanted it to look nice. Last year my cake, though delicious, just didn't look spectacular and I felt the need to redeem myself. Thanks to food blogger 'i am baker' I had a pretty straightforward model to follow and redemption was mine.
Not flawless but definitely the best looking cake I have ever made.  

White/Vanilla cake with chocolate ganache filling and a raspberry buttercream icing. 

Remember how this was for a fundraising auction and how I shouldn't have a picture of the insides because the cake should now belong to someone else? Well, Josh bought it. Not sure if it was a sympathy bid or if he  actually wanted it, but either way it ended up back in the kitchen that gave it life. So welcome home little cake. Welcome home. 

Comments

  1. OOOOOO!
    I'm impressed and slightly jealous that I don't know how to do that. You may have to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Karissa it looks great and sounds delicious. I'm sure knowing you made it and the tempting smell of creating it, I wouldn't let anyone else buy it either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely scrumptious!! I hope Josh paid a lot of money for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he bought it. It looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Birthday!

Six months, Baby!

To Give Sorrow Words