More Hikes

It would seem from our blog posts that all we do is hike. This post won't do anything to dispel that assumption.
Hike 1: We went with some friends, Tyler and Becca, and our intent was to hike into Rainy Lake. We didn't actually make it to the lake but it was still a pretty fun day. We started hiking up the wrong ridge and by the time we figured it out it was too late to do anything about it. So we hiked back down and the boys went fishing in the river. As they were fishing Becca and I decided to hike around and explore. After a series of perhaps less than stellar choices I ended up falling into the river. Not in the shallow part where I would have gotten wet to my knees, oh no, I fell in up to my neck. Really, up to my neck. And what did Becca do? Offer assistance? Ask if I was ok? No, she laughed, and not just a little. It was pretty hilarious though and I was laughing too. It was a pretty fun day.
The lovely river I fell in.

Hike 2: This was not too much of a hike. Josh and I were spending the day with my brother, sister in law, and their 3 kids. We went to a state park/beach to hang out and there was a short little hike up to a viewing area of sorts. It was just about right for the kids and offered the ideal setting for a pine cone war.
Andrew from the viewing area.

Hike 3: On Labor Day we headed to Mason Lake with some friends, Dan and Wendy. The hike was about 6 miles round trip. It was really fun and the lake was beautiful. As you start hiking you get views of craggy peaks that are quite close but as you keep hiking Mt. Rainier starts to come into view and that is one glorious mountain. It still catches me off guard when I am driving and BAM! there it is. Big and beautiful.
Mt Rainier
L to R: Wendy, Dan, Josh, Karissa

First view of Mason Lake.

Just before the hike down
Lovely.

It was a beautiful day.

Comments

  1. What a lot of fun!
    It certainly is beautiful and you are lucky to have the mountains close enough to go play on them. I also love the fact that you use the word "lovely", it reminds me of granny... and it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Birthday!

Six months, Baby!

To Give Sorrow Words